Ignoring a Debt Collector can prove to be a significant mistake. Debt Collectors will make reasonable efforts to finalise the matter with you amicably. However, in most cases, the debt will not simply disappear if you ignore them.
Debt Collectors can:
1. Contact you by phone, text message, via email, or by mail.
2. Commence legal proceedings and obtain a judgment against you.
3. Take enforcement against you.
4. Affect your credit rating.
5. Initiate Bankruptcy Proceedings or Wind Up your Company.